khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

My blood pressure lately is all over the place. A lower reading

Customer Question

My blood pressure lately is all over the place. A lower reading of 142/82 to 178/113. The nurse at my neurologist office told me to see my family doctor. When I called to make an appointment to see him about it, I was told I could only make the appointment for a full physical. I feel fine, don't drink, don't smoke, hike 3-6 miles a day. I am a woman of 59, am never sick, but do carry some extra weight since starting medications for anesthesia dolorosa some 20 years ago. Do I have to have a physical? Can't I just consult a dr about my blood pressure and find out my options?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.
Since high blood pressure is sometimes caused by some diseases and high blood pressure could cause complications in the heart, kidney, eyes, you need to have a physical exam.