Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

QUESTION} I have leakage from my anus especially during day time.. Daily I to

Customer Question

{QUESTION}
Hi
I have leakage from my anus especially during day time.. Daily I to go to the loo few times and clean the area which is embarrassing at office, especially due to foul smell.
I'm lactose intolerant
And, I feel gassy when I go to the loo.
Two hours After having my breakfast and lunch I have to go to loo. N this I feel happens at office.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidif eating cereals with wheat in them causes gas, you could have some gluten sensitivity or gluten allergy of your bowels.excessive gas and leakage of your bowels can be from IBS irritable bowel syndrome or bowel allergies to gluten or milk proteinor could be from an inflammatory bowel disease like colitis or lack of fiber in your diet.there are many reasons for this gas and mucus and liquid leakage.you really should consult with a GI specialist doctor and get some more testing of your colon with blood tests and colonoscopy to check for possible causes.you might benefit from taking a probiotic pill daily to help add more good bacteria into your bowels to help with digestion.also adding more fiber like fiber supplements, fruits and vegetables, psyllium fiber supplements could help bulk up your stools and decrease mucus discharge.doing kegel exercises can help strengthen your anal sphincter as well.medications like GasX with simethicone could help.eating more rice and bananas can help tighten up your stoolshave you consulted with a GI specialist about your gas and leakage symptoms so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your enquiry response.I've visited my local GP twice in last 3 months,First time when I visited GP the anus leakage was more smelly - she checked the anus area and gave an anti inflammatory ointment which she asked me to apply daily for 5 days.I also stopped having breakfast which I used to have on daily basis-wheatbix with lactose free milk or oats with lactose free milki also stopped eating salads and started eating rice for lunch and dinner.The leakage stopped for more than a monthWhen It happened again I visited GP againThis time she recommended me to go for scanning which I didn't do and as the leakage was not smelly n after few days there was no leakage..Now from past 4 days leakage started again which is not much smelly but I feel ashamed and embarrassed in office.I normally try to have healthy food.. Try to take more fibre aswell.I wanted to try pro biotic which comes in small bottles (not sure if it is Nik or yogurt)Will buy this tommorow and will try . Also will try to book for an appointment for scanning.Could you please provide any more advise for mr me to tryThanksI
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
probiotics have good bacteria in them like in yogurt to help add more good bacteria into your bowels. it can take up to 4-6 months of daily probiotic use to help change the bacterial flora in your bowels.you might need to be more strict about eating a gluten free diet. you might have to avoid 100% of gluten wheat protein in your diet to help decrease mucus discharge. you can talk to your doctor about blood, stool, endoscopy biopsy testing to confirm if you are really allergic to gluten (celiac spruce disorder).CT or ultrasound scans will not tell if you are allergic to gluten in your diet.you have to consult with a GI specialist and get specialized blood test or stool testing or endoscopy biopsy testing of your bowels to show gluten allergy.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have other questions?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am a double board certified clinical doctor.The common reason for this is constipation that is chronic.You can not assume gluten, that requires specific testing.This is not a symptom of lactose deficiency.Constipation is most likely, and that is treated with the correct diet.Damage to the anal sphincter is another possibility, but you give no history of this. If things to not resolve, a colonoscopy is the definitive test.Short of that, all testing can be done by your GPI am Dr. Thomas. I will give you correct, fast and comprehensive answers.Find me anytime in medical by request.Please click a positive only on this post if you appreciate my answer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am the original expert who helped you with this question.Irritable bowel syndrome or gluten sensitivity can both cause bowel irritation and mucus and liquid discharge from your rectum and anuscolitis can as wellso many issues can.that is why I suggested you see a GI physician and get some testing and evalutation of your symptoms.you should also keep a food diary to see if certain foods are worsening your symptoms.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com