Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is there anyone there? NO i don't want a lawyer.

Customer Question

Hello......is there anyone there? NO i don't want a lawyer. need a doctor.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.
Hello. This is Dr. Love.What question do you have
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is after 4 AM and I am in severe pain from a condition known as ankylosing spondylitis. I am currently on a 50 mg. Fentanyl transdermal patch every three days. I am also on pain meds of Hydroco/Acetamin 10/325 and Ibuprofen 800 three times a day.
To make matters worse, my extreme pain from the right side of the nap of my neck to up and over my head, down the right side of my face and into the right side of my neck has been relentless. I have had a couple hours of sleep tonight/this morning.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My problem is: I have been unable to talk with my pain management doctor because the office girl only answers her phone twice a day, once in the morning and once before she leaves for the day. The extreme pain started Friday afternoon. My call to the doctor’s office was made Monday (today) at 8:30 AM, asking for a call back ASAP. I don’t expect a call back until this morning (Tuesday), after 8 AM and maybe not until noon. I just don’t know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In the last 16 hours I have taken 4 Ibuprofen, and 5 hydro. I don’t want to hurt my body but could you tell me…..WHAT IS TOO MUCH? Right now the pain is awful and I know if I go lie down the pain will be severe again.
Thank you very much for your help in this situation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(I talked with Chris on 4/3 Sunday regarding a Tech question)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't think I want to talk to you if it is goingf to cost another $50.00. I just paid, I think 47.00 using my card on Sunday.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well, it is 6:38AM and I have been waiting since 5:00AM and I think I should try to sleep a little bit.
I am sorry for the delay, but I temporarily lost internet access. The maximum recommended dose of hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325 is 6 pills per day. I certain situations, a doctor may recommend a dose higher than this, if the dose is adjusted gradually, as there is no solid ceiling for the amount of opiates. However, even with gradually increasing the dose, the maximum daily amount of acetaminophen is 3000 mg per day, which would be the equivalent of 9 pills per day. However, any other source of acetaminophen should also be included in calculating the amount used per day. Actually, when using products that combine an opiate with acetaminophen, patients will usually reach the maximum dose of acetaminophen before the maximum dose of the opiate, which is why doctors may prefer to use a pain medicine that contains only an opiate. but since the medicine that you have is the hydrocodone/acetaminophen, then you should abide by the limits noted above. If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.