Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was diagnosed with IBS-C 6 years ago by way of a

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with IBS-C 6 years ago by way of a colonoscopy and had a flexible sigmoidoscopy 3 years ago. I have occasional bouts of constipation followed by days where I have three or four bowl movements. Currently I am experiencing multiple bowel movements a day and have blood on toilet paper that is bright red after wiping. In the past when this has happened my primary care physician has always attributed it to a hemorrhoid which he found by doing a digital rectal exam. In your opinion is a another colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy warranted and if so which one is preferable? Also, what should I do at present regarding the symptoms. I am not anemic and the blood is only on the toilet paper and is bright red. I am not having diarrhea.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How old are you?What has worked best for you in the past when your doctor found a hemorrhoid?