DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have been celibate a year including no ejaculations.

Customer Question

I have been celibate for over a year including no ejaculations. I very seldom get erections but lately I do get partial erections unexpectedly and the skin near the top is very tight and is quite painful. Once I lose the erection the pain subsides. Do I need to make myself get erections and use lube to re stretch the skin. I am circumcised but am overweight so it appears I am not.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
Hi there ...Please let me know , how old you are and do you have no issue a year back ?Have you got more weight during last year ?Regards .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
55 years old. No issues prior. Have lost 50 lbs. just have been celibate and have not even masturbated or ejacuiated in over a year. My choice. But I am diabetic and on meds. It's just on occasion when I get even a partial erection the skin is so tight it hurts.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for info ...As you have been celibate and occasional erection associated with pain should be investigated . It is highly likely that because of overweight skin may be tight around cap that may be the reason of pain .So as you mentioned you are circumcised but appears not , so this could be the reason .I will suggest you to have once consultation with Urologist to see what is going wrong .Please consult urologist for examination please .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please leave positive feedback for me .Thanks .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.
Hello I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.The problem with erections needs to be investigated as follows:Psychological.DiabetesHigh blood pressure or high cholesterol.Low testosterone.Circulation problem in the penis.Mediation effectsProstate disease The tight skin, [after examination] is most often from infection the first time.This can be treated and you can stretch the area daily.Your regular doctor can help you with this.A urologist would be needed if there is a persistent penile problem.Pyronie's disease must be ruled out, as this can be treated, causes pain, scarring and deformation of the penis.Make sure you see your doctor about all of this asap. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.