It is regarding liver cirrhosis/ liver failure
The source is unknown (she is not alchoholic - no hepatitus - she has fatty liver - not autoimmune
hepatitus) i guess the cirrhosis was due to NASH (from malnutrition & medicines)..
She removed her gallbender
She used to be diabetic
She had liver tumor
and cured with RFA 6 months ago
3 weeks ago she had Hepatic enphalopathy (stage 4 - coma) intensive care reversed back to normal then 1 week ago she had it back but stage 1 and now reversed to normal
When she had her stage 4 liver coma, Bilirubin level was 10 then lowered to 3 before she leaves the hospital.. then she stayed 6 days at home getting better.. then a sudden drop happened (heavy head, unbalance, jaundice, hand jerking) then we moved her back to the hospital intensive care stage 1 liver coma and bilirubin jumped back to 8
Now bilirubin is lowering again (6).. i don't know why as long as she is in the hospital bilirubin is going down and once she leaves it is up again
She also take plasma due to her high INR
Normal blood pressure
Sugar level around 180
Here is the list of medicines that she takes at home
- liver gol
- liver albumin
- folic acid
- cona adion
- depout b12
- insulin since sugar levels sometimes gets high
above them at the hospital she takes (plasma + albumin infusion + medicines to reverse the liver come and reduce ammonia)
Here are my questions:
1) Why does the bilirubin levels reduce as long as she is in the hospital? whereas once she went home within 6 days things got worse? Is it related to the plasma that she takes?
2) Is there any possibility for the liver to cure itself at this stage with proper medicines and diet? (I read about some cases who had cirrhosis stage 3-4 from alcoholic and it reversed back to stage 2)
3) Can the liver get worse even with medicines and proper diet?
4) How can someone with fatty liver turn to reach this point (liver failure)?
5) How can you tell if someone is fit for a liver transplant surgery?
If you want attachments for her reports kindly let me know and send ur email