khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

I have a positive ANA with a titer of 1:320, homogeneous pattern

Customer Question

I have a positive ANA with a titer of 1:320, homogeneous pattern and positive chromatin antibody of 1.5. What does this mean and are there any other tests I should be doing for further diagnosis?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What other info do you need?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I am a type 1 diabetic for 40 years - that is my only history.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.
What is the reason you had the test? Do you have any symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was having abdominal pain radiating from my LLQ to the left flank. CT scans were negative. MD was aware of some abnormal thyroid tests showing subclinical hyperthyroidism and noticed some swelling of my hand joints and a slight tremor. Also I have had positive ANAs in the past, but rheum MD years ago said it was not lupus at that time. symptoms then were lethargy, skin rashes and mouth sores. sporadic symptoms since, but nothing extreme. just had e-lap for the pain and no hernia was found so no reason identified for severe left flank, left abdomen and left lower back pain.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still there?
Yes. reading and thinking
You could have Behcet's disease. It is a rare disorder that causes blood vessel inflammation throughout your body. You should talk to your rheumatologist.