Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I'm Donald, I am getting pain and discomfort in my ribs

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Donald, I am getting pain and discomfort in my ribs in bed, it started in my left side a few months ago, but now it is on both sides and tonight its also in the centre of my back
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: this is the main issue at the moment
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question DonaldThis could be a variety of thingsI have a few questions for you in order to help you better1)how old2)any other medical issues3)do you have acid reflux
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I apprecaite itIf you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiDr. Phil,I am 75, I do have acid reflux,have high blood pressure, have wear in my cervical spine.Also have been suffering with AF. and am having an ablation in May
This could be acid reflux or cardiac At your age and history I wouldn't take any risksyou need to get on medicine for reflux.and get checked right away
Please don't forget to look at the rating scale for me.I am credited for work only when you rate positiveIf you have more questions, just reply :)
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This is very unlikely to be reflux disease (GERD), Rip and upper back pains are not manifestation of GERD. I can certainly be skeletal muscle pain given your spine issues but it can also be of cardiac source which it the more serious. While it is easy to blame on the spine and skeletal origin (or GERD), serious heart condition needs to be considered and evaluated immediately
thanks for agreeing with me