Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Is it a Dr responsibility to tell you the side effects of black

Customer Question

Is it a Dr responsibility to tell you the side effects of black box Reglan. Is it also his responsibilities to look at the med you are taking before perturbing Reglan I am on pristine SR 100mg 100mg and should you be ask if you been Dx with polyneurpathy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes ofcourse.A doctor should ask all the relevant questions before prescribing reglan.Also Reglan black box all other serious side effects should be explained by your doctor.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I for got to say I have Endoparesis and that why the drug was given to me. I wish there were more information i.e. If I should stop taking this drug and what I might use in its place
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
You can stop metoclopramide if you want to.Alternative option will be Domperidone which can be prescribed by a gastroenterologist.Best wishes