Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My 83 year old mother with dementia and huge tumor that is

Customer Question

My 83 year old mother with dementia and huge tumor that is to difficult or safe to remove was admitted to hospital in Lake Charles La. Mom was suffering from malnutrition and obstruction. Mom just 1.5 weeks earlier was having very consistent bile movements. Enough that siblings in charge of her care were complaining having to constantly clean. We were told two years prior from MD Anderson that the tumor was growing and pushing up on bile duct. My question is how did Mom go from pooping and in less than 2 weeks obstruction? Now at the hospital mom is pooping once again.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidall of her prior obstructed stool could be coming out now.if she as taking narcotic pain pills before, this could have caused constipation and obstruction before.actually it is a good thing her obstruction has resolvedand her stool is coming out.the care givers should be ok with having to clean her up. is she starting to eat more now? I hope she is not in pain.