Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

Im 48. Drank about 1 and a half pints of alcohol every other

Customer Question

im 48. Drank about 1 and a half pints of alcohol every other day or so for years. about 9-12 months ago feet started itching when i drank. Also starting feeling funny. About 2 months ago I stopped drinking. Since then I have been have a lot of gi issues, as well as clammy itchy skin at times. Fatigue and just a blah feeling at times. Urine has become more bubbly than normal, as well as often changing stools, both color as well as texture. I have had ultra-sound of liver, pancreas, and kidneys(all normal), blood tests mostly normal. Slightly elevated sed-rate on one, low potasium and sodium on another. Low vit.d on another. Had an endoscopy done and doctor said my stomach is not working right (slow digestion). Results not back yet. i also have had some off and on back discomfort(both on sides and a small off and on pain in middle of back. I as well as my doctor are still at a loss. Any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Often Alcohol intoxication presents with Thiamine deficiency and in the presence of normal Liver function test low Thiamine levels in blood could be the reason of skin issues .It would be ideal for you to ask your dr to start Thiamine which will helpful to overcome most of the issues .Liver is the main target of Alcohol intoxication followed by heart and skin , so please proceed as I advised you .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please leave positive feedback for me .Thanks .