Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.

As their a numeric number which is a cutoff to indicate Autism,

Customer Question

As their a numeric number which is a cutoff to indicate Autism, specifically Aspergers? Is that number 2.10?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am not sure of your question. Please get back to me with more information and I will reply. Are you talking about a classification scheme, measuring scales for Autism Spectrum Disorders? Get back to me to discuss and I will reply. Dr Frank
Since there might be a problem communicating by chat, JA offers a phone service where I can call you. There is additional cost, so we can continue here by chat if that is an issue. However, if interested in a call, just put your phone number and a time to call in the box and I will call you. Or I hope to see your reply on chat. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a rating scale for autism and what level is the cutoff for Asperger's or Asperger's syndrome? Is it 2.09 or 2.10?
In general, all scales for ASD rate intelligence, social interaction/withdrawal, obsessional behavior, language dysfunction on a scale where the "higher functioning" children get higher numbers on the scoring scale. In Asberger's many aspects of general cognitive function leading to higher intelligence scores is seen, as well as a lack of more pervasive language problems. This tends to increase the scores into the higher functioning range. The most common rating scale for ASD is CARS, the Childhood Autism Rating Scale, with scores of 1(normal) to 4 (severely abnormal), with 15 different aspects tested. Total scores then range from 15 to 60, with anything over 30 being significant. I do not recognize those numbers you listed, do you have the name of the test? Dr Frank
Hello. I hope I was able to answer your question regarding ASD. Please get back to me anytime and I will reply. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****