Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How does this site work? What is the fee? JA: The Doctor

Customer Question

How does this site work? What is the fee?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Doctor. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What is a typical total cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Doctor. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I don't like to deal with the unknown m
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Why can't you give me a ballpark figure or at least what the most would be or
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I have had a really painful spot on the very bottom of my heel. It's very painfull to walk on. What is it?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The most common cause of pain on the bottom of the heel is plantar fasciitis, although there also can be a bursitis or tendinitis that can cause pain in this area. Although the diagnosis can only properly be made by examination of the foot, there are a couple of home interventions that you can try to help. The primary treatment would be the use of an anti-inflammatory medicine, and there are two that are available over the counter, ibuprofen and naproxen. It also can help to use ice tohelp ease any associated swelling or moist heat, which can ease inflammation. It also can help to use heel cups, which are inserts that can be placed inside of your shoes to cushion and partially lift the heels. I had recurrent problems with heel pain from plantar fasciitis that was particularly exacerbated from playing racquetball, and using heel cups while playing racquetball has helped tremendously and I have not needed any anti-inflammatory medicine for years. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/