Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I strongly suspect my daughter is bipolar. She lives in LA

Customer Question

I strongly suspect my daughter is bipolar. She lives in LA area. We live in Colorado. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.I'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpThere are a few questions I need to ask1)do you know who her doctor is?2)does she have a psychiatrist?3)do you think she is an immediate threat to herself like suicidal?If so, you can have her admitted to the hospital. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has no doctor working on these issues.
She does not have a psychiatrist. We are seeking referral to a qualified psychiatrist in the Woodland Hills, CA area.
No, we do not think she is an immediate threat to herself.
This is a very competent psychiatrist in that area.She will need a referral from her primary doctor or she can see this doctor on her own and pay out of pocket. Or if her insurance allows her to see a specialist without a referral that is fine tooyou can always help her with the costsMichael Blumenfield, M.d.  Psychiatrist · Woodland HillsAddress:***** Woodland Hills, CA
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I apprecaite itIf you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Phil,Sorry if there was some confusion regarding my seeing and responding to your answer. I was on my wife's computer and had difficulty recovering the thread when it was suddenly lost. At first, I did not realize the M.D. to whom you referred me was also a psychiatrist. I have since checked him out and am in communication with him.( He tried to contact me almost immediately after I emailed him.) So far, I am very favorably impressed with what I have seen and am in the process of setting up an appointment for my daughter.I do not fully understand how the JustAnswer system works. There was mention of a "free" trial and also a monthly fee for ongoing access. I have no problem with paying charges in the amount of $43 for our initial communications with you. It is well worth this amount to have a good lead to a competent psychiatrist. On the other hand, I do not want to have the obligation pay a monthly fee to JustAnswer for what was a "one off" need. If there is anything I need to do avoid being subjected to unwanted monthly fees, I would like to know what action is required on my part.Thank you for your prompt response. I would have given it the top rating had I been able to fully check out the doctor to whom you referred us before I was required to give an evaluation.Virgil R. Pulliam
VirgilI receive no compensation unless you rate positive. So that would be step one.If you are not interested in a monthly arrangement with Justanswer just contact customer support.you can call or email at***@******.***