Christopher Palmer
Christopher Palmer,
Experience:  Hospitalist Physcian (Internist) at Kent County Hospital
91318447

Hey... can i have a beer after 34 hrs of takin 2.5 mg of diazepam

Customer Question

hey... can i have a beer after 34 hrs of takin 2.5 mg of diazepam
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i performance anxiety induced ED. i took valium 2.5 mg as prescribed by doctor along with 50 mg viagra.. its been 35 hrs.. can i drink beer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Christopher Palmer replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Palmer. Nice to meet you. I see your concerned about mixing Diazepam with Alcohol. Valium typically doesn't linger in the system after 4-6 hours. So yes, a beer is certainly safe. As long of course that you are drinking in moderation.
I would of course advise you not to take both alcohol and Diazepam at the same time or within 4-6 hours of one another depending on your sensitivity to Diazepam.
Do you have any other concerns today? If not, I hope you are satisfied with the answer I provided.