Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

My husband was has had diarrhoea days and is now pooing

Customer Question

My husband was has had diarrhoea for 2 days and is now pooing blood
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Your husband is most like suffering from an intestinal infection of bacteria that cause bloody stool most common are shigella, salmonella and can also be caused by amoeba. I would suggest you to take him to urgent care and get stool analysis to correctly identify the organism, to rule out any other problem and he might need antibiotics for this. More important is to prevent dehydration either by giving oral re-hydration salt or if fluid loss is severe he needs intravenous fluid replacement. So head to urgent care is the correct move for your husband.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.