Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I'm 48 not overweight tired no interest in sex and my testosterone

Customer Question

I'm 48 not overweight tired no interest in sex and my testosterone level was just checked. It's 292. My doctor says it's normal
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What info
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I am taking azathioprine and was taking prednisone for auto immune hepatitis
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry about your low sex libidosometimes lack of exercise can cause loss of sex drive. are you exercising regularly?your autoimmune disorder could be also causing you loss of sex drive.when did you feel that your sex drive was "normal"sometimes high sex binding hormone blood levels can bind too much testosterone and cause it to not function properly.pituitary LH and FSH levels also control testicular testosterone and sperm production. these levels should be checked as welllet me know if you have questions.