Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have umbilical hernia I smoke alot and cough constantly I

Customer Question

I have umbilical hernia I smoke alot and cough constantly I mean I wake up at nite and cough for like half an hour sometimes.. can you choose gas over IV im afraid ill keep coughing during surgery
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.During anesthesia the cough reflex is suppressed due to anesthetic agents therefore you can be rest assured that you will not cough.So I would not worry about that.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating, by clicking on one of the rating options stars) at your end, when you are done asking.Kindest regards