Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

If deep vein thrombosis often presents with mild or no

Customer Question

If deep vein thrombosis often presents with mild or no symptoms, why is it not routinely tested for for everyone, especially if it can lead to pulmonary embolism?I have had pain in my right calf that comes and goes for a week. I've been examined by two people with medical training who both checked for swelling, redness, etc. and concluded that I did not have DVT.Why this discrepancy between what my doctors check for (it must have swelling and discoloration) and what medical sites say (it may present with mild or no symptoms)?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I agree that about half the patients who have DVT may not have any symptoms.With your leg pain, I would have done a doppler ultrasound of your leg to rule out a clot in your veins, I agree.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating, by clicking on one of the rating options stars) at your end, when you are done asking.Kindest regards