Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

Pearl, Chris Here-- I have a feeling of pAin and pressure

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, Chris Here-- I have a feeling of pAin and pressure under my left breast all the time. I can not sleep on my left side, and sometimes the pain is so severe i have to lift my breast up and put on a very tight support bra. it seems as though each time I take a breath, the pain increases when I exhale it decreases... Any thoughts?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: no not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello Chris.I'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpThis indicates a problem most likely with your rib cage. It is inflammation of the cartilage and muscles in the rib known as costochondritisDid you do any heavy or abnormal activity lately that could have caused this?However, we always need to make sure that this isn't cardiac or lung related. (which I doubt)A good doctor should be able to make sure.If you press on the area and it hurts that basically means it is musculoskeletal.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.If you have more questions, just reply