Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Is a low yeast diet indicated if ELISA IgG Assay is positive

Customer Question

Is a low yeast diet indicated if ELISA IgG Assay is positive for Candida albicans ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!No the positive IgG to Candida is typical...most of us would test positive to this . It is one of the most common potential infections that we tend to face. Candida Albicans is called a "yeast infection" but it is not the same as brewers yeastvsuch as to make bread rise for example. Candida albicans is common nuisance type infection that may cause a thrush of the mouth or vaginal "yeast " infections. The term "yeast " identifies a subtype of the fungal type micro-organisms... It is a broad term ....I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussionI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD