Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I want diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday at our local clinic

Customer Question

I want diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday at our local clinic by a PA. I was put on zpack antibiotics, am feeling not much better yet. The hardest if when a coughing fit starts, I cannot get any phlegm out, and sometimes feel like I'm going to lose my breath. Is there anything I could take to help with this coughing until I start getting better?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.
this is Dr. Davidyou might benefit from Mucinex over the counter and plenty of water to help thin the mucus in your lungs to make it easier to cough up.you can buy mucinex over the counter.you should see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center if you can't breathyou might need a course of steroids or albuterol inhaler to help open up your airways.do you have a doctor you can see who can check your lungs?