Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Good morning all. It is another beautiful day in Idaho. At

Customer Question

Good morning all. It is another beautiful day in Idaho. At my age every day is beautiful when I get up. My question is: Is there a medical reason why I must fill my insulin syringe
with NPH human novolin r (clear) before NPH human novolin N (cloudy).??. I take 50 units nph n plus 5 units nph r in the pm. Please explain it to me in non medical terms as best as possible.
Sincerely,
John Planinshek ***@******.***
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes this is to make sure novolin N does not get mixed into the novolin R vial.That will change the action time of the R insulin.R insulin is supposed to act faster than N insulin.By takin R insulin first you avoid contaminating the vial with N insulin during drawing.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/