DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I have been diagonised with Bronchiechasis since last October.

Customer Question

I have been diagonised with Bronchiechasis since last October. I have been on different antibiotics since. Each time I start a new antibiotic I feel well for 8 to 10 days then the mucus returns and I be come unwell again.
Maureen from W.A.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. Bronchiectasis is a condition which damage the airways causing widen and scarring of the tissue. The initial treatment is to use antibiotics as need it for infections. If you have more that 3 exacerbations per year, then daily or weekly antibiotics are prescribed. In patients with persistent symptoms and on daily antibiotics, surgery can be offered as a treatment. The best specialist to treat this is a pulmonologist. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards