DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I have been diagonised with Bronchiechasis since last October.

Customer Question

I have been diagonised with Bronchiechasis since last October. I have been on different antibiotics since. Each time I start a new antibiotic I feel well for 8 to 10 days then the mucus returns and I be come unwell again.
Maureen from W.A.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. Bronchiectasis is a condition which damage the airways causing widen and scarring of the tissue. The initial treatment is to use antibiotics as need it for infections. If you have more that 3 exacerbations per year, then daily or weekly antibiotics are prescribed. In patients with persistent symptoms and on daily antibiotics, surgery can be offered as a treatment. The best specialist to treat this is a pulmonologist. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards