Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

What type of doctor might know the cause of severe burning

Customer Question

What type of doctor might know the cause of severe burning pain that happens in various parts of the body for hours at a time?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 8 months ago.

Hi Gail,

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have a nerve disorder. Sometimes the nerves of the body are affected which can lead to burning, tingling or numbness in the region of the body where you might have damage. This can also be a sign of multiple sclerosis in which you can also have blurring of vision, balance issues, weakness, numbness of the limbs. This would be best evaluated by a NEUROLOGIST and i would suggest that you contact one as soon as possible to get to the bottom of this.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a POSITIVE/EXCELLENT feedback rating by clicking on the stars, so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.