Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I was constipated and pushed to relieve my stomach pain. I

Customer Question

I was constipated and pushed to relieve my stomach pain. I am experiencing a lot of pain and have some bleeding coming from the anus. I believe that I have created a small tear in that area. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 9 months ago.

In order for me to help you, I need more information ? How much blood? Is it frank blood for just bloody streaks? Are u having any pain, nausea, or vomiting? have u ever had similar bleed before ? Any belly pain?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm having pain, sort of like stinging. The blood is not streaks, it is a small oozing. No nausea or vomiting. No, I have never had any similar bleeding before. My belly was hurting when I did this 3 days ago.

Are you still oozing blood? constant ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not constant. If I sit down on the toilet to use the bathroom, it will be oozing for a while.

It could certainly be a tear, but it could also be some thing else such as hemorrhoid. If it gets worse, or if it does not stop, within the next 30-60 minutes, I would advise you to have it checked at local emergency room or urgent care center. If it's a hemorrhoid or a tear, it should stop soon. You do need to address your constipation in order to prevent this from happening again. You should consider high fiber diet that include good portions of vegetables/salads and/or items made of whole wheat, and drink adequate fluid. You may also use over the counter agents such as Metamucil or Miralax

You may also consider laxative for tonight. Enemas would give you a fast outcome.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok.Thank you.

You are welcome, and let me know if you have any further questions

Please don't forget to rate me :-)

Friendly reminder to complete my stars rating :-)

Could you please complete the star rating