Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have Yellow in my stool since Dec.7, 2015. I looked it up

Customer Question

I have Yellow Slime in my stool since Dec.7, 2015. I looked it up on the Internet and it stated that I should get to a DR right away. I called & made an appt with the DR who has done Colonosophies on me before but then I remember my Husband reminded me why I cancelled it before.
I had Polio when I was 5. I was paralized from the neck down but after two years I walked out of the hospital with just a limp and drop foot. At 16 I had the ankle fused. After that I led a very normal life. I got married and had 3 healthy daughters, I divorced & got remarried 10 yrs later. Next month 36 yrs. I do have Diverticulitis, so i figured it could be from that. Now I have Post Polio Syndrome and slowly I'm loosing all my functions. I can't walk at all, etc.
I have had cysts & tumors removed since I'm 18. I have two Sisters & one Brother who died from cancer. I am 78. I can not go through the Prep work for a Colonosophy.
Thank You. Genevieve
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

I recommend that you see your doctor about this even if you do not agree to have a colonoscopy....

If certain infections then it may be very likely that you would benefit from an antibiotic course

I think stool sent for cultures / leukocytes / ova and parasites and C.diff toxin should be done ...

You may have blood work such as a CBC ( complete blood count)

An abdominal CT scan might be considered for you

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards ,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you think it may be Cancer DR?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you think it's Cancer DR?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HELLO

Hello again!

I stepped away a few minutes...

No my first guess would NOT be cancer...

It sounds MORE LIKELY to be some intestinal infection ...

I suspect that getting treatment will probably clear it up for you....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much. You put my mind at ease. I'm not afraid of dying I just don't want to hurt or to cause problems for my husband or my children.
Thank you again.
Genevieve

Hello again,

You are very welcome. I hope that you feel better soon!

Do get attention to the matter and I think that you will benefit from a course of antibiotics I think.

Best Regards ***** *****!

Anthony Bray MD

Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread...

If you would like to reach me specifically for other questions down the road you may do this by going to my profile page to start a question in HEALTH or MEDICAL fields

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-anthonybraymd/