Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had an epidural 6 months ago now It feel as if I have cold

Customer Question

I had an epidural 6 months ago now It feel as if I have cold in my back...is that normal
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had surgery 6months ago for about 2 months off and on I get this cold sensation ...that's thighen often
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I also have a fat Neurosis In the breast that came as soon as my surgery was done
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Since these cold sensations have been happening for two months, that would mean that they developed four months after the procedures. It is not normal to develop a cold sensation four months after surgery or an epidural that is due to the surgery or the epidural. Neurologic symptoms can occur as a complication of surgery or an epidural, but they would occur much sooner than four months later.

It is common for someone with spine disease to develop a variety of neurologic symptoms, including altered temperature sensation. However, this is due to the underlying spine disease and can occur whether there has been surgery or an epidural or neither. We do not consider any of the symptoms that occur with spine disease to be “normal”, but it certainly is a symptom that would be a part of the disease process that you are known to have.

So this is something that is seen with spine disease, but would not be due to the surgery or the epidural.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, then I can be reached by my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/