Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I was seeing a pain specialist and my primary dr was also

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was seeing a pain specialist and my primary dr was also giving me pain medication. I was NOT selling them. It was for my own use. My pain dr. somehow got notified my primary dr was also giving me the same script. BUT primary dr. was not prescribing enough for my legit back pain. So he dropped me. I didn't mean any harm, nor purposely do anything illegal. So I am worried. Is there a way to find out if you have been flagged by the DEA? BTW, my pain dr. didn't take insurance. ONLY cash. Strange.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 6 months ago.

You have to check with your pain management specialist. He will be able to tell you if your have been flagged. Generally, if the medicines given to you by a doctor are not enough to control your pain, you have to go back to the same doctor, not another one. The original doctor has his own approach and sequence in controlling your pain and it is most efficient if you report back to the one who treated you first. going to different physicians for same pain killer, will always raise suspicion and can easily raise a flag

Can you please rate me

This is a friendly reminder to complete my star rating :-)