Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm having extreme constipation. My belly is hard and

Customer Question

I'm having extreme constipation. My belly is hard and extended and I've had no relief with laxatives. Have not had a bowel movement for more than 5 days. What do I try next.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

You can try psyllium husk and olive oil. Take lots of fluids and high fiber diet. But as you do not have bowel movement for 5 days the best move for you would be to visit urgent care as you might need enema for this. Especially if you feel abdominal distention or abdominal pain go to urgent care immediately.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Wish you good health.