Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

It's Jewel I've just got the flu a couple of days ago, it's

Customer Question

Hi it's Jewel I've just got the flu a couple of days ago, it's started to go but the last 2 days I've been haveing pain in my arm, leg and chest, my heart has been racing and I'm only 19 years. I'm worried it's a hear attack
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pain is on the left hand side and at the moment my chest is really sore
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've also been feeling nausea all day
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I'm sorry you got the flu

you wouldn't have a heart attack at age 19

more likely you are having a panic attack or anxiety attack causing your heart to race.

severe anxiety can cause you to have chest pains and fast heart rate.

severe anxiety can cause you to have upset stomach and nausea as well.

flu can cause you to have nausea.

have you had bad anxiety symptoms in the past before?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have anxiety, yes, but I've had panick attacks before and this doesn't feel like the same ones. The pain goes and comes back worse in my arm and leg but it's always there in my chest, I know it's my anxiety but I don't want to sleep invade something happens
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could it be a chest infection, or do you think I'm over reacting

if you have the flu, you can get bronchitis and cough and this can cause chest pains.

certain cold medications can contain pseudoephedrine in it and this can cause you to have fast heart rate as well.

are you coughing with your infection?