Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

My son, 22, is currently in New Mexico driving an 18

Customer Question

My son, 22, is currently in New Mexico driving an 18 wheeler. For the past week he has been vomiting nearly all day long, he is having trouble voiding his bladder, and has severe back pain. He doesn't have insurance and until he gets home I can't help him. What iis going on. He isn't running a fever.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 7 months ago.

Based on the symptoms you described, he really needs to check at the nearest emergency room as he could have a serious acute illness and will require tests and possibly urgent medical care.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

As I understand your question, you want to know specifically what is going on.

I will give you the most likely scenario, although it is not the only one.

This set of symptoms is typical of a problem in the kidney, such as a stuck stone trying to get through the ureter.

It causes severe pain, vomiting and can be debilitating.

The bladder voiding problem is also typical, due to the pain reflex.

This needs immediate pain medication, hydration and possible urologic

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.

I would say that most likely he has prostatitis

This is the likely issue

I would not wait. See a doctor now. In New Mexico. Go to urgent care

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

How is your son ?