Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am suffering of gastrological problems since the begining

Customer Question

Good evening, I am suffering of gastrological problems since the begining of november 2015.I feel blown up like a baloon, I feel constant need to urinate and triing to do so, only a little bit comes out and I never feel satisfied. I have difficulties going to toilet and without my laxatives ( which I keep taking on my GP´s prescription ), I would never feel a need to empty my stomach. And same as with the urine, I never feel satisfied and there is always just a bit coming out. I feel constant lower abdominal pressure and when I press on certain places ( in my lower abdomen ) it causes pain. I feel that there is something there which is pressing on my bladder. There is no blood coming out of my stool. If I stop taking the laxatives even just for 2 days, I am constipated and feel unbearable pressure on my bladder which is very close to pain.My blood test,stool test,urine test,abdominal scan and CT scan are showing no abnormalities.Can you please tell me what´s wrong?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

this is Dr. David

you could have symptoms of IBS or irritable bowel syndrome with constipation or bowel dysmotility disorder

or chronic constipation.

what do you eat usually daily? this can affect your bowels and cause symptoms.

you might need to eat more health foods, more salads, and fruits and vegetables to get more fiber into your diet.

you should consult with a GI doctor and get more specialized testing like a bowel motility testing.

you might need a colonoscopy

you might benefit from eating prunes regularly

or taking IBS medications.

I would talk to your GI doctor about bowel motility testing and testing to check for gluten allergy (celiac spruce disorder) and bowel dysmotility.

you can also try daily psyllium fiber supplements and probiotics as well

let me know if you have questions