Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My fiances doctor has been totally as hands off as possible

Customer Question

My fiances doctor has been totally as hands off as possible since she went in with severe ADD and still struglining to discontinue.. he then put her in the hospital and cold turkeyd her off that medication. He said he did it for blood pressure reasons but in a full month and half of trial and error her pressure along with her anxiety went unchecked untin she developed preclampsia and evolving HELLP SYNDROME.. i just wonder if this could have been takin care of a little more tactfully.. and foremost less dangerously. ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

There is always room for improvement when thinking retrospectively on any complication and there are always answers as to how a certain complication or condition can be avoided.

Yes, HELLP syndrome and Pre eclampsia can always be avoided with precaution and in these situations, "prevention is the best cure as well". Since, they have a high mortality rate.

If you really want to understand the situation better, the best way is to sit down with her doctor and go over her case or perhaps request the hospital to organize a committee to discuss what could and could not be done.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
would you be intersted in hearin the whole story and possibly giving just your opinion on if it was somewhat neglegent
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she whet in 2 nights before she ended up getting care flighted to medical city Dallas for an emergency c section. she went in that evening complaining of severe epigastric pain with her blood pressure resting around 190/110, the nurse that came to talk to her said that that they couldnt do anything for her. The nurse said that she saw that this blood pressure issue was not a brand new problem and that she was guessing that she had a poor diet at home due to the fact that she is overweight and that she just needed to go home and knock herself out with benadryl. When my fiance said ok I think ill just go home then if you cant do anything for me the nurse said hold on I need one more blood pressure before I call the doctor and let him know whats going on. We both know without even consulting a doctor that she cant tell a patient what to do.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the query.

Well, a pregnant lady, with a blood pressure of 190/110 mm Hg landing in the ER with epigastric pain has got "red" written all over it. Had she been sent home, it would have been a case of indefensible negligence. The doctor should have been notified right away. The nurse was a being judgmental and dismissive rather than being compassionate and cautious, this is my opinion.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Wish you good health.