Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My lower back started to hurt two days ago. The pain also

Customer Question

My lower back started to hurt two days ago. The pain also sometimes feels like it is on my left hip. It is not getting worse and when I first started I could barely move my back and it's a bit better today. Do I need to seek medical help or will heat and paid medicine make it better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

If this is getting better and you able to move and carry out routine activities, f there is no numbness and tingling further down in the legs, then you do not need to seek emergency help and observe this for a couple of days. If this aggravates, with movement or sneezing and abrupt actions, then medical help should be sought.

I would suggest that you start on an anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day (OTC) and massage the back and hip with Ibuprofen liquigel four times a day.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.