khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have most of the symptoms of meningitis except fever/ My

Customer Question

I have most of the symptoms of meningitis except fever/ My CBC is in normal range. Do I need a spinal tap to confirm ? what is the rx for this? thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

What are your symptoms?

Since how long are you having them?

Please let me know.

Regards

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA I am a board certified neurologist and will answer your question.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Meningitis is an inflammation of the meninges, or the coverings of the brain. There are many things that can cause meningitis, some need a CSF evaluation to diagnose, others can be diagnosed with MRI using gadolinium (contrast). So it depends what type of meningitis you are discussing. Please get back to me to discuss this further. Let me know what symptoms you are having. For most infectious causes (but not all), you should have a fever, unless you are immunocompromised (HIV or from cancer). Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
symptoms
very stiff neck, body pain, stiff legs,confusion,fatigue,sunlight sensitivity. ENT, HEart, Regular MRI and MRA are ok.
Do i need spinal tap?
This is expensive so wouldn't it be better just to treat for meningitis?
thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Since your MRI and MRA were okay I do not think that you require a spinal tap, particularly since you do not have fever.

Since how long are you having these symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you recommend the oncolabinc.com test for cancer?
this is fairly new.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Does anything make your symptoms better or worse? When did they start? Are they consistent? Are they getting worse? Did they check CRP (inflammation marker) in the blood? Does anyone around you have similar problem? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Dr K
6 ft aprox 210 lbs , no major wt change, When I get in the pool all of my pain is gone, otherwise I have body pain, nobody else has these symptoms. That is the problem. I did have the almalaser.com for toenail fungus and this was painful. The lase was developed by the military and adopted for cosmetic procedures. I do not recommend it and it did not cure the fungus. Coconut oil did.
no surgeries.
I had 2 old mercury fillings replaced in Jan and that is when the confusion set in.
The new ones are resin but I think something is wrong with them but I have no pain where the tooth was replaced.
I have been seeing various specialist for the past 2 years and the only test outside of normal is the GAD 65.
Mine is 56 and should be 0-5.
This is one indication of stiff person syndrome but only John Hopkins has an expert.
thanks
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't seem to be meningitis. Did you have electromyography (EMG) that is abolished by intravenous diazepam or a positive therapeutic response to oral diazepam?