Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Waiting to have a bronchoscope done, apparently won't be 3

Customer Question

Waiting to have a bronchoscope done, apparently won't be for about 3 weeks. Started with a post nasal drip. Saw my dr several weeks later. Tried a steroid nasal spray. Xray showed density in upper right lung. Was given antibiotics and then another xray which showed no change. CT scan showed nodules and enlarged lymph nodes. Am now using a puffer and am on oxygen. Absolutely no change in my symptoms, coughing like mad (but not at night) and severe shortness of breath. Should I go to hospital or back to family dr
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what? I am 75 female with past history of breast cancer. In remission for 8 years
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

do you have a history of smoking?

do you have a copy of your chest CT scan report?

if you are having severe shortness of breath, you should go back to the ER

you might need a course of steroid therapy to help calm down airway swelling causing the cough

have you tried a course of steroids yet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was a pack a day smoker. Quit in May 2013. Don't have copy of CT scan. Have not tried steroids yet.

you might benefit from a course of steroid therapy like prednisone to help calm down airway swelling to calm your cough.

I'm glad you quit smoking.

get a copy of your chest CT scan report. I would be happy to review it with you.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com