Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

My 25 year old daughters tounge is peeling she finds that is

Customer Question

My 25 year old daughters tounge is peeling she finds that is stomach cancer is this a sign of stomach csncer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has nervous stomach in my opinion due to stress and had diareah a lot. She is sexually permiscuis drinks socially and smokes pot she denies it when she sees a doctor and they never tell her any thing tounge is white and peeling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How tall is she? How much does she weigh? Any weight change? Pain or itch? When did it start? Does anything make it worse or better? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Is she aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

a peeling tongue is not a sign of stomach cancer.

but it can be a sign of bad stomach acid reflux or a tongue fungal infection like thrush.

if she drank something very hot in her mouth yesterday like hot coffee or soup, this can cause peeling skin on her tongue today

she needs to see a doctor to get her mouth evaluated.

but I would not worry about stomach cancer.

did she drink something very hot?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

There is a side differential for this problem.

Poor dentition

Immune problems

Food sensitivities

Gluten sensitivity

Mineral or vitamin deficiency

and so on.

As you know, I am a double board certified US clinical doctor of over 20 years experience.

She should actually see an internal medicine doctor.

I can go into much greater detail as needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.