Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

K and Happy Easter. I was reviewing my latest V.A. report,

Customer Question

Hi Dr. K and Happy Easter. I was reviewing my latest V.A. report, try to keep up. Cancer 21 years ago, prostate and only 25 radiation treatments. The Lord has been good to me and I try help with proper diet but way overweight at 78 plus. I keep on keeping on and of course I was concerned due to the prostate cancer. Don't let me bother you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I presently have been given hormone shots for the high P.S.A. and Bicalutamide 50mgs. Just trying to stay healty
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you are battling prostate cancer currently.

and the cancer has come back

and you are on lupron therapy which takes away testosterone out of your body to help freeze the prostate cancer in your body.

taking away testosterone can slow down your metabolism and can cause you to gain weight.

it can be hard to limit your diet and exercise at your age to keep from gaining weight.

have you talked to your doctor about supervised exercise therapy or physical therapy to try to exercise and build muscle?