Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Please help I'm a single father of two children me I drank 8

Customer Question

Please help I'm a single father of two young children me I drank 8 red bulls in 10 hours along with some vodka I'm 35 not in great shape I don't feel well maybe anxiety
Please advise
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will assist you with your medical question. You have consumed the equivalent of 12 cups of coffee in that period of time. The unwelcome signs you should be looking for are rapid heart rate, difficulty breathing, chest pain. If any of these are present, you should seek immediate medical attention. Having said that, are your children with you? Are they safe? Please respond back to me!

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you, so I hope everything is stable. It sounds like you are feeling some guilt from the actions you took, alcohol and caffeine combination that may have put your children in jeopardy. Should you have any additional questions or comments, I will be happy to assist you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the fast response,
No they are not with me.they are with there mom this weekend.
which is atypical,
I do not Drink alcohol when they are with me
Which is almost everyday I have them full time
I do have some chest pains and some tension in my head
and I'm unable to sleep
I'm the head coach of my older sons base ball team today is our first practice I need to sleep
Do you have any recommendations
To counter act the red bull
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also I typically drink 5-6 cups of coffee a day
Please respond back to me I am a very hardworking ethical single parent that does not get much free time and I'm extremely concerned
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

There is little you can do to flush the caffeine out of your system except to drink lots of water. An Alka Seltzer may also help with the head and stomach. I hear you regarding your "stress" and your devotion to your children. I don't have an immediate solution for you, this can take time and effort.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr Stan and I trust the caffeine is out of your system and you are feeling better. I ask you to provide a favorable rating for the discussion we have had. The rating page has been enabled.