Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Is it possible to have genital warts without contact, well,

Customer Question

Hi is it possible to have genital warts without sexual contact
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, i am not sure if i have genital wart but i seem to have bumps under my foreskin therefore, i am a bit confused
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

You can get warts on the genitals from any source of the wart virus.

For example, in rare occasions, warts on your hands could be transferred to the genitals.

Any skin to skin contact with a wart can transmit a wart virus.

They might or might not come from sexual contact.

there are many strains of the wart virus, the only way you could see if this was from sexual contact is to look at the strain of the wart from both partners if they both had it.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.