Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have bad buzzing in my head last two years I had mri done

Customer Question

Hi. I have bad buzzing in my head for the last two years I had mri done and all kind of test I been told it's Tinnitis but it come from my head not my ears.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Can you help
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am 62 years old I have very good blood pressure also good collastoral I don't smoke I am very active play hockey twice a week and work out boot camp 2 to 3 time a week for about 30 minutes at the time a week. I do have a stressful job I think so this buzzing is constant I do get some relief now and than I would be 2 days bad and 1 day or 2 good and it's like it doesn't matter what I do it as a circle
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr Stan and I will help you today. Tinnitus is a problem that occurs in later life and can be very annoying. It is usually a problem of the hearing nerve (8th cranial nerve) and unfortunately there is no definitive treatment. The symptoms can be lessened. If you are having difficulty falling asleep, play soft music. Be sure to have any excess wax removed from your ear canals. Opening your mouth and stretching you lower jaw when the ringing starts can also help. Keeping well hydrated and using nasal saline nose spray is also beneficial. There is a new vitamin/mineral formula being advertised, but I can't tell you it will help. This problem is common among people who when younger listened to very loud music in concerts and also factory workers exposed to loud machinery. I hope this information helps and please feel free to ask me any additional questions.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan. I trust you will follow up with a hearing specialist for treatment of your Tinnitus. I have enabled the rating page for you and appreciate a positive rating from you.