Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My wife has a vasovagal attack past 25 years but the attach

Customer Question

my wife has a vasovagal attack for the past 25 years but the attach has been reduced to twice a year when she is sick or didn't sleep well and when she gets up in the morning
doctors in mayo clinic minnesota USA saw her 23 years ago and all investigations indicated vasovagal disease and recommended avoiding things that trigger the attack such as long standing etc
recently the attack has become frequently once a months
we had full check including 24 hr halter monitor for the heart which normal
please advise if there is a treatment to avoid the attack
thanks and regards
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. You seem to be well versed in this problem and you know that it can occur at any time. When an attack happens the blood goes into the legs instead of the brain causing the light headed ness or possible faint. One way to minimize is to wear thigh length support stockings which will help improve blood flow. Also maintaining good hydration helps minimize symptoms. A 24 hour halter monitor may not be long enough to pick up an irregular heart beat that may happen every 48 hours or even less frequently. There is a heart monitor that is placed under the skin and can be kept in place for weeks or months if needed to find any illusive changes. You may want to discuss this with your doctor. I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Do you have any additional questions at this time?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you again for allowing me to help with your medical problem. I will enable the rating page.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan. The rating page has been enabled. I appreciate you giving me a positive rating for our discussion. Thank you