How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64054
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having test that indicate that I have large red blood

Customer Question

I am having test that indicate that I have large red blood cells which are slightly high compared to the standard.. What can cause this? I have reduced my alcohol consumption to no more that two drinks a dayl
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


This can be from alcohol consumption over a long period of time.

It can be from liver disease.

B12 deficiency.

YOu need to stop all alcohol.

You need B12 or folate if you are deficient.

You doctor can check this, and your liver function tests, and should also check a coagulation profile.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.