Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

This is my 21st day cold off Methadone. Dr prescribed Atarax

Customer Question

This is my 21st day cold off Methadone. Dr prescribed Atarax to help Took benedryl 5 hrs ago (12.5) is it safe to try the script now or?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Generalized anxiety, flushing and neuropathy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer

Yes, it would be OK to take the Atarax now. The recommended dose of Benadryl is for it to be taken every 4-6 hours, so at 5 hours, the level in the blood stream is low enough to allow either a repeat dose of the Benadryl or a dose of the Atarax.

Of course, the Atarax can be sedating, so there is the usual recommendation to be cautious about using the drug when you need to be alert, such as driving, at least until you know how it will affect you. So, if you are in a situation where you absolutely will need to drive in the next few hours, that may be an issue. But there is not an issue with the Benadryl dose that was taken 5 hours ago.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at