Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

After my workout I have noticed the lower right side of my

Customer Question

After my workout I have noticed the lower right side of my neck pulsating with beat of my heart. Should I be worried?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will try to help you. It sounds like you are referring to your carotid artery that is pulsating. It would not be unusual to be aware of this after a workout, especially a hard work-out. If it doesn't stop pulsating after 5-8 minutes it may be a problem. The better your cardiovascular conditioning, the faster the pulsating stops. You may also notice that you are a little short of breath. This too is normal after strenuous work outs. Since you did not mention any chest pain associated with the pulsations I will assume your heart is reacting appropriately as well. Continue your work-outs! Any further questions? Please feel free to contact me.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

I trust I have answered your questions. I will enable the rating system

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan. I see you have not rated my responses to your question. Is there a reason you have not? A positive rating is always appreciated.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, This is Dr Stan just checking to see how everything is going. Should you have any additional questions, please ask.