Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was on tegretol and clonazepam years ago. Got through

Customer Question

I was on tegretol and clonazepam years ago. Got through college because of it. Went off because I never believed I needed it but now I do. They are right, there is something wrong and that combination worked?? Help me make the decision to convince my doctor that treatment was the only thing that worked for me.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: He does not believe in paralysis attacks. I have been told last week by a new physiatrist I have these attacks because of my brain damage at sixteen
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What did the Physiatrist say was the diagnosis for these attacks that are occurring because of brain damage?

What caused the brain injury at 16?

Could you describe the typical attack?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back, but I will make some comments that can be made based on the information thus far.

From a medical perspective, paralysis is a symptom, not a single disease process. If a person is having paralysis, then we will typically perform an evaluation to determine the underlying cause of the paralysis, and then consider the underlying cause to be the diagnosis.

One of the primary concerns in someone that sustained brain injury at age 16 and then has episodes of paralysis would be if this was a type of seizure. Both Tegretol and clonazepam can help control seizures, so could explain why these medicines helped. Typically, though, the treatment is only done after a proper evaluation shows that the seizures are the cause of the symptoms.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.