DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

My blood work came back with gamma gt at 145 what does that

Customer Question

My blood work came back with gamma gt at 145 what does that mean
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have gastro problems and lupus
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: IRON 35 - 145 UG/DL 75 UIBC 155 - 300 UG/DL 208 TIBC 250 - 450 UG/DL 283 IRON SATURATION % 20 - 50 % 27 and Ferritin 110
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.

Gamma Gt is also known as gamma-glutamyl transferase is an enzyme elevated in liver conditions, including hepatitis, alcohol abuse and cirrhosis. It's also elevated in other conditions like pancreatitis, congestive heart failure and diabetes. A complete liver panel should be ordered to rule out any acute liver problems.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

In the United states, this would be part of a complete liver panel.

You can put in the other values here, which I assume are normal.

Isolated GGT elevation is from inflammation, most often from alcohol, medication reaction, or an early indicator of gallbladder obstruction.

Discuss this with your doctor.

Your iron studies are normal.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

HI, the post will not let me edit.

I will do it here

Hello

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

Discuss this with your doctor.

Your iron studies are normal.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.