Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Having pain from the right lower quadrant and under my rib

Customer Question

Having pain from the right lower quadrant and under my rib cage on the right side. Nausea. No appetite
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Pain started in the right lower abdomen this morning, it radiates to just below the rib cage. I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago,
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

this is Dr. David

how old are you?

pain below your right ribs can be from gastritis inflammation of your distal stomach or even duodenal stomach ulcers

eating fatty foods, alcohol, spicy foods, tomato sauces, fried foods, oily foods, big meals can cause excessive stomach acid and this can lead to gastritis and duodenal ulcers.

severe constipation can cause pain in the right side sometimes

gastritis can frequently cause nausea.

sometimes a viral infection called viral gastritis can cause nausea and upset stomach and lack of appetite.

medications like maalox, mylanta, zantac, tagamet can help decrease stomach acid often

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using