Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have increased weakness of legs, arms, shoulders,and

Customer Question

I have increased weakness of legs, arms, shoulders,and increased back pain of neck, thoracic, and sacral spine regardless of exercises to increase muscle strength. I have been diagnosed by an ER Dr, with gray matter disease. I am 74 yrs old taking medications for high BP, T
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Type 2 diabetes, RA, CVD, Angina, Polymyalgia Rhuematica. My family is concerned that I might have MS. Should I go to my family physician or Neurologist for this problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

You need to go to a neurologist.

In fact, this visit is long overdue.

You need an MRI of the brain, B12 levels, thyroid studies and other work up.

See a neurologist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for this question
I would get yourself a good internist instead

They are more than capable of handling this and better prepared given all the medical issues